Terms Of Service
Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions:
“Happy Cake” refers to HAPPY CAKE PTE. LTD. (UEN: 202227524H)
“Website” refers to the whole or any part of the web pages located at www.happycake.sg;
“We” / “us” / "our" refers to Happy Cake.
By placing an order with Happy Cake, the buyer acknowledges and agrees to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- Happy Cake reserves the right to make changes to the product, pricing, and any other content on the website.
- We may take photos or videos of your cake order for advertising, publicity, or sponsorship purposes. If you do not wish for your order to be included in such, please inform us in writing prior to the confirmation / payment of the order. Failing which, you irrevocably waive all rights which you may have now or in the future including but not limited to your rights under the Copyright Act or any similar laws of any jurisdiction, and acknowledge Happy Cake’s right to use your name, biographical details, photographs and recordings.
PRODUCT AND ORDERING
- All prices are excluding delivery charges.
- Cake designs are subjected to slight variations and availability of decorative accessories.
- Cake colour and decorations may be subjected to slight variations from actual product due to possible discrepancies in photo to screen resolution.
- Fresh fruits are seasonal and sweetness cannot be assured.
- Wooden skewers, toothpicks, plastic straws and/or floral wires may be used in fondant decorations and/or the cake to help with the structure of the cake and hold decorations in place.
- We reserve the rights to substitute, change, accept or reject any orders or cake designs.
- Customers may request for writings on the cake. Please indicate the wordings correctly upon placing your order. Do note that due to space constraint on the cake surface, lengthy wordings may not be accommodated. We reserve the rights to accept or reject any request of writings on the cake. It is customer’s duty to ensure that such requests are acknowledged by Happy Cake.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by Happy Cake, at the time order is placed. Payment must be completed within 24hours for quote to remain valid, unless otherwise agreed on.
- We do not do mock ups or drawings of customized cake designs. Photo reference of past work may be provided on request, subject to availability.
- Full payment is required to confirm the order.
- All cakes are sent by signature-required delivery team. Note that signing the delivery order not only verifies your receiving of the cake but also your acceptance of the condition of the cake. The recipient of the cake is wholly responsible for checking that the order specifications of the cake (including provisions of knives, candles, wording, decorations) are correct and in good condition. Any defect or incorrect item(s) must be raised to the delivery man (for deliveries) so rectification can be made. We will not be liable for any error or damage after delivery is completed.
PHOTO IMAGE PRINTING
- Happy Cake accepts photos, graphics and text on the condition that the customer uploading said photos, graphics and text are the copyright holder or have the permission of the copyright holder. Happy Cake acts as the customer’s agent to print a single edible image for use on the customer’s cake and any liability for copyright infringement is that of the customer.
- Happy Cake maintains the right to refuse any photos, graphics or text it believes may infringe copyright or deemed to possibly be offensive in the eyes of the general public.
- While all efforts are made to produce the best possible image from your file, it must be remembered that we are using water based food colours on sugar/starch icing sheets. So image quality and colour matching are variable and cannot be used as grounds for a return / credit.
- Cake border and trimming designs are subject to cake decorator desecration. Final design may differ from website images depending on image specification and size. For specific colors requirement or design, please make known to our sales staff before ordering.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGE TO ORDER
- As all our cakes and pastry are specially prepared for your order, our bakers take great effort to prepare the ingredients and artwork. As such, we do not encourage any last minute cancellation. However, cancellation of order is permitted under the following conditions:
- 7 days before Date of Collection/Delivery: 90% Refund OR Postpone Order
- 6 days – 4 days before Date of Collection/Delivery: 50% Refund Or Postpone Order
- 3 days before Date of Collection/Delivery: No Refund and No Postpone Order
- Kindly contact us via Whatsapp: +65 8818 2981 to process your cancellation. Please note that refund of payment may take up to 2-4 weeks for us to process. Postpone of the order must not be later than 2 months from the date of purchase.
- Items sold are not exchangeable.
- Any changes pertaining to the order must be made at least 48 hours before delivery, are subject to approval and additional charge, if required.
- Local delivery: general orders
- S$12 delivery fee will be applicable to each order per delivery location within Singapore. When placing your order, please identify the date on which your order is to be delivered. Free delivery for all orders above S$150.
- Choice of delivery schedule
- 10am – 2pm, 2pm – 6pm, 6pm – 10pm
- In the event that there is no recipient at the delivery destination to receive the cake, the cake will be returned to our outlet for resend subjected to redelivery fees of S$12. No requests for refund will be entertained due to the perishable nature of our products. Refusal of any item by the recipient will still be considered delivered and no refund will be made. Products must be checked and shall be deemed accepted if no queries are raised immediately upon delivery.
- Our delivery provider cannot be held liable for reasonable delay due to factors beyond our control (e.g. unexpected traffic conditions.)
- Same day delivery: Same day deliveries are possible if orders are made before 12pm, but are subject to availability of product(s) and delivery schedule. Do contact us via Whatsapp: +65 8818 2981 to enquire before making your purchase through our website. There will be NO REFUND for purchases made before confirmation with our staff.
- Specific time delivery: S$35 delivery fee will be applicable for specific time delivery request to one location within Singapore (between 10am – 10pm); please allow +- of 15 mins of allowance in that event, our delivery personnel have difficulty locating the delivery site. Do contact us via Whatsapp: +65 8818 2981 for this special arrangement.
- Redelivery Charges: For redelivery of orders, a surcharge of S$12 will be applicable. If redelivery is not made on the same or the next day, please note that we will have to replace your order to ensure that only the freshest and the highest quality products are sent to the recipients. This order is chargeable at a 25% discount off the original price.
- Redirection charges: For redirection of orders, a surcharge of S$10 will be applicable. In the event that the order is cancelled after delivery has been attempted, the full price will still be payable.
We are not affiliated, associated, authorised, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with the company behind the trademarked characters.
STORAGE FOR CAKES
Cakes should leave our shop cold so that it is safe for transportation. Please follow the respective care instructions for your cake:
- For fresh cream/eggless cake, you should refrigerate the cake till just before serving. It is best consumed straight from the fridge. It should last out of the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- For buttercream cake, it can be left in a cold aircon room for 2 – 3 hours. Otherwise, it would need to be refrigerated. If refrigerated, please allow the cake to thaw for 1 hr (non air-con) to 2hr (air-con) before cutting the cake, for best taste.
- If the cake contains fondant, it can be left in the aircon room for 2 – 3 hours. Please remove any pieces of fondant on your cake if you wish to store your cake in the fridge. Otherwise, they must be taken out of refrigeration to an aircon temperature of 18°C - 20°C. This is to prevent condensation from forming, which may disfigure the fondant.
Our cakes are best consumed within 3 days from collection date if stored in a chiller.
Happy Cake reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.